- Helping kids understand the fundamentals of sports.
- From pipe dream to jumping in with both feet.
- Prominent Athletes.
- You don’t have to be in crazy good shape.
- It’s a family thing.
Damien Madison and Kodi Smith co-own CrossFit Prominent in Gainesville, Virginia with their wives. The four co-owners focus on family and relationships to make it work. Prominent Athletes helps teach kids the fundamentals of sports, along with speed, strength, and agility, while simultaneously giving kids an outlet and a place to woosah. You don’t have to be a kid or a super athlete to benefit from CrossFit Prominent, though. Anyone can do it.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to Damien Madison and Kodi Smith of CrossFit Prominent.
- [01:02] Kodi’s day-to-day role.
- [02:31] How Damien got started.
- [05:42] Kodi explains the classes offered.
- [07:03] Damien explains misconceptions about CrossFit.
- [08:42] Kodi’s passion for working with kids.
- [11:25] Authenticity.
- [12:21] What has contributed to their success.
- [13:48] Wanting to run a business.
- [15:59] Damien on some of the early struggles.
- [17:08] Most memorable clients.
- [19:28] Kodi talks about the best business strategies they’ve implemented.
- [20:02] Damien relives some of the mistakes they’ve made.
- [21:09] The next big thing in the industry.
- [23:00] On the horizon.