- Helping people navigate the next step in their career paths.
- You’re going to have to talk to people.
- LinkedIn is a must.
- Career coach with street smarts.
- Your resume has to sell you.
Julie Mendez was a recruiter for some time, but needed a job that she could move around with. Now she’s one of the premier career coaches in Northern Virginia. She offers practical advice, cheerleading, and support to help people navigate the next step of their career paths.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to Julie Mendez, premier career coach.
- [00:58] Becoming a career coach.
- [01:38] Pre-social media.
- [02:21] Services she offers.
- [02:59] The problem she’s most passionate about solving.
- [03:48] Services she does not offer.
- [04:54] Career coach with street smarts.
- [05:33] The most common services she offers.
- [06:44] Getting your resume to the right person.
- [08:55] Keyword advice.
- [09:50] The most rewarding part of career coaching.
- [10:17] Common advice.
- [11:15] How her personal journey helps her help others.
- [12:13] Seminars and speaking engagements.
- [13:16] Networking.
- [15:06] What sets her apart from other career coaches.
- [15:49] What gives her a sense of fulfillment.
- [17:11] Support.
- [18:25] Strategies that have had a massive impact.
- [20:05] Making mistakes.
- [21:05] The next big thing.
- [23:30] Her goal with the LinkedIn video series.
- [24:06] On the horizon.
- [25:45] Contact information.