- Around the painting industry since the ripe old age of two.
- The art and science of finding the right employees.
- Family feuds.
- No such thing as work-life balance.
- Cancer diagnoses.
- Paint It Forward.
Mike Katounas has over 20 years of painting experience. After working in the family painting business with his father, he started his own business in Chantilly, Virginia called Home Works Painting. There have been ups and downs along the way, from family fights to being diagnosed with cancer to the economic downturn, but Mike isn’t going anywhere. The sky is his limit.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to Mike Katounas of Home Works Painting.
- [01:15] Being around the industry since he was a toddler.
- [01:51] Employees are the number one contributing factor to his success.
- [02:16] The art of finding the right employees.
- [03:03] Getting into the painting industry.
- [04:20] Starting his business.
- [06:14] When old and new collide.
- [09:24] Building up his business.
- [10:57] Work-life balance.
- [14:10] Ups and downs.
- [14:37] Setting and maintaining realistic expectations.
- [16:14] What sets Home Works Painting apart.
- [18:44] Paint it Forward.
- [23:07] The worst moment.
- [25:06] Technology in the painting industry.
- [26:17] Trends in the industry.
- [27:19] On the horizon.
- [27:59] Contact information.