- Empowering a biking community through education and affordability.
- What’s a bike co-op?
- Community programs.
- An example to not follow.
- The personal touch.
Christian Myers is the co-founder of VeloCity Bicycle Co-op. Their mission is to grow and empower an inclusive biking community through education and affordability. Christian had managed bike shops on and off for years, and was a bike messenger, so he knows his way around a bike. He also volunteered with a bicycle co-op in Oregon, and the idea had stayed with him for years.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to Christian Myers of the VeloCity Bicycle Co-op.
- [01:11] What is a bicycle co-op?
- [02:03] Popular community programs.
- [04:07] A passion for working with kids.
- [04:51] Being drawn to working with kids.
- [06:52] Why a bike shop?
- [07:50] Contributing factors to their success.
- [08:51] Getting started.
- [10:33] The process from phone call to business.
- [12:16] The early years.
- [14:41] The services they offer.
- [16:21] Giving to others what he wishes he’d had.
- [16:49] His superpower.
- [17:54] Burnout.
- [19:00] What sets VeloCity apart.
- [20:25] Making an impact.
- [22:13] Transportation.
- [23:30] VeloCity isn’t here to judge.
- [25:16] Mistakes in the business.
- [26:25] The next big thing in the industry.
- [28:03] On the horizon.