- From being a rock star to making rock stars.
- Music is a language that anybody can speak.
- Touring with a band.
- Music can build confidence.
- Human-to-human interaction.
John Patrick, known to many in the community as JP, is the founder of the Rock of Ages Music school, or ROAM, an all-inclusive music school that offers both private lessons and group instruction for students of all ages and experience levels. As a former artist in a rock band, JP knows a thing or two about varying levels of success in the music industry and being a rock star. Now he’s helping others become rock stars, too.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to John Patrick of ROAM.
- [01:22] ROAM.
- [02:30] The problem that JP is passionate about solving.
- [03:39] JP’s first experiences in the music industry.
- [05:26] Leaving his band.
- [10:16] From being a rock star to creating rock stars.
- [13:58] His favorite part of ROAM.
- [15:29] You don’t have to have a natural talent to play music.
- [17:08] Exposing kids to music to build confidence.
- [18:32] Engaging students to learn.
- [19:16] Contributing factors to ROAM’s success.
- [20:56] His superpower.
- [21:55] What sets ROAM apart.
- [26:28] Memorable impact.
- [28:09] Common misconceptions.
- [31:32] The next big thing in the music industry.
- [33:48] On the horizon.