Northern VA Advice Givers: Sheyna Burt
- A little girl with a big dream creates a fulfilling life for herself.
- Role models and mentors are all around you.
- Life is richer when you give back through service.
- The value of pursuing your dreams.
- How to find rewarding ways to be of service in your own community.
Sheyna Burt holds the distinction of not only being an attorney with her own law practice, but serving in her community as a volunteer in numerous organizations, including her role as President of World Doctors Orchestra USA. Her professional and personal work focuses on service and giving back. Her track record is a sterling example of how one can find a balance between their personal and professional lives doing work they love. Burt’s story is inspiring, but more than that, she provides tips and examples of how you can become involved in service to your own community.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- [00:00] Introduction to Sheyna Burt, attorney, musician, and volunteer.
- [00:40] A brief history of Burt’s background.
- [01:39] Lofty goals for a little girl.
- [03:30] Mentors and teachers who influenced Burt’s life choices.
- [04:50] Burt’s first violin, and finding her “fellow nerds of music”.
- [06:30] An unnamed musician made the mistake of telling Burt that she could not pursue both law and music.
- [08:15] Joining Old Bridge Chamber Orchestra with her two sisters.
- [10:15] Finding the right fit for her career and volunteer work.
- [14:30] Service is important to Burt, so she chose family law, and to that added clients including community and arts associations, volunteer organizations, and non-profit boards.
- [16:53] If you are looking to get involved in music in your community, Google the Arts Council for your area.
- [20:00] Get involved in community service locally as Burt did.
- [21:35] Contact information for Burt.