Northern VA Advice Givers: Brian Eastman of Safeguard Advisors
- Most people don’t realize their ability to have control over their investments.
- There are two things the tax code prohibits for IRA investments.
- Safeguard Advisors don’t offer investments; they offer guidelines and advice regarding investment possibilities.
- The three things every investor needs are capital, advisors, and perspective.
- Investors can educate themselves through the Safeguard Advisors Facebook page, website, investment networking groups, and books and magazines.
Did you know that you can self-direct your retirement plan? Most people are not aware of this, nor what it really means, let alone how to go about doing so. Brian Eastman, President and Senior Consultant at Safeguard Advisors, an expert in self-directed retirement plans, clears up the confusion. Eastman covers what difficulties a person might face if they are thinking about non-traditional avenues of investment, and how with the right guidance, they may be more in control of their retirement investments and financial future. Although this is unchartered territory for many, his common sense, step-by-step approach to self-directed IRAs and 401(k)s unravels the mysteries.