Summary: Kirk Wiles made his first wine in 2007 and opened Paradise Springs Winery in 2010, after a ringer of a fight with the county about whether or not growing grapes counted as agriculture. Wiles won that battle and is now writing the script of the wine industry in Virginia and sharing his story and his wine all around the world. His passion not only for high-quality wine but also for the land that’s been in his family since 1716 and for helping customers make memories come together to create a wine experience that everyone can enjoy.
- Wine without a road trip.
- Paradise Springs Winery is steeped in history.
- Fighting for this passion.
- Taking Virginia wines to California.
- Writing the script of the Virginia wine industry.
- [00:58] Introduction to Kirk Wiles, owner and founder of Paradise Springs Winery.
- [01:32] Recent renovations.
- [02:12] Opening the winery.
- [02:40] A rich history.
- [04:19] Growing up on the land.
- [05:26] Refusing to sell the land for development.
- [06:07] Wiles’ previous work experience.
- [07:33] The passion for the land and the wine.
- [09:44] Grand opening mistakes.
- [11:53] Being an entrepreneur in the wine industry.
- [13:03] Growing to include a Santa Barbara location.
- [14:21] The challenges of having a winery in Northern Virginia.
- [15:51] The team.
- [17:47] Rejected ideas for the land.
- [19:09] The longevity of the wine business.
- [20:16] Writing the script of the wine industry in Virginia.
- [22:33] Paradise Springs events.
- [23:27] Biggest mistake in entering the wine industry.
- [25:27] Contact information.
- [25:56] Future plans.