- Ciao Osteria is a family restaurant in more ways than one.
- You’re at home when you’re at Ciao Osteria.
- Food that is as Italian as you get.
- The customer is king.
- Being married to the restaurant.
Cousins Sal and Anthony went in together to open Ciao Osteria, the best and most Italian Italian restaurant in northern Virginia. Now, a mere three and a half years later, they’ve won so many awards that their wall doesn’t have room for any more plaques or accolades. They give advice to people thinking of starting a business or opening a restaurant, and give tips on how to make the customer’s experience one worth Yelping about.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- [00:35] Introduction to Sal and Anthony, owner and chef of Ciao Osteria.
- [01:50] How their childhoods helped bring them together for Ciao Osteria.
- [03:34] Ciao Osteria is a family at work.
- [03:54] Starting and expanding Ciao Osteria.
- [05:26] The secret ingredient to rave reviews.
- [07:15] Each dish is the best for each customer.
- [07:48] Inspiration for the dishes.
- [09:33] Ciao Osteria’s struggles.
- [11:34] Transitioning from owning their own restaurants to owning one together.
- [13:28] Creating the customer experience.