- Helping people meet their fitness goals.
- Using functional fitness and nutrition to inspire whole lifestyle change.
- The nursing home legacy.
- One-on-one relationships.
- Impacting the community’s youth for a lifetime of change.
Nick Mann’s love of fitness started all the way back in elementary school when a teacher inspired him to get involved with a running program. Now he runs Occoquan Bay Performance, a gym that focuses on lifestyle change. Nick is passionate about solving the obesity epidemic in America, and the obesity epidemic among America’s youth. Developing healthy habits can facilitate real lifestyle change and impact his clients for the better.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:11] Welcome and introduction to Nick Mann of Occoquan Bay Performance.
- [01:05] Occoquan Bay Performance.
- [01:59] The problem he’s passionate about solving.
- [02:36] Relationships contribute to his success.
- [03:34] Lack of connection can contribute to fitness failure.
- [04:42] A love of fitness since elementary school.
- [05:33] Seeing the impact of fitness inspired him to keep going.
- [08:17] People often neglect their fitness.
- [10:20] Overcoming mental blocks.
- [12:50] The objective is not perfection.
- [13:25] Starting Occoquan.
- [14:42] What sets them apart.
- [16:02] Fit 45.
- [19:03] Impacting the community’s youth.
- [22:32] His most memorable client.
- [24:07] Starting a fitness journey, or returning to fitness after a long break.
- [25:17] Measuring success.
- [25:52] Mistakes he’s made.
- [28:17] The next big thing in the industry.
- [29:58] Working out alone is lonely.
- [30:48] Contact information.
- [32:33] On the horizon.